[Bell Historians] Yorkshire Tails

Andrew Aspland aaspland at y...
Fri May 30 12:27:32 BST 2003

I don't think they are that old! I believe it was more to do with the
availabilty of woll in Yorkshire and the slow six bell rining which requires
one to hold up at backstroke big-time.
Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: A Willis [mailto:zen16073 at z...]
Sent: 27 May 2003 13:58
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Yorkshire Tails

Re-reading the February 7th Article in the Ringing World I wondered if
Yorkshire Tails were a left-over from the days of deadrope ringing. I am
unsure about the exact way this was done, but if the tail end of the rope
had to be handled continuously, a Yorkshire Tail would make the operation
more comfortable.
AW

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To
unsubscribe from the list send an email to
bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com