[Bell Historians] 'Jimmy' Groves

Mike Chester mike at m...
Fri Nov 14 08:32:24 GMT 2003

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, s.ivin at n... wrote:
> DP:
> > As I wrote, metal rods were fitted to strengthen the wheels, but 
I suppose 
> > these are called tie-bars.
> Why not 'wheel braces'?
> Steve

I thought that tie-bars are threaded metal bars used to strengthen 
wooden frames by being added vertically from the top of the frame, 
through the foundation beams and then bolted tight. Am I even more 
confused than usual?

BTW Us Digest subscribers have still been unable to see the bell 
requiring identification. Could a picture be uploaded to the files 


More information about the Bell-historians mailing list