Preston

Andrew Aspland aaspland at y...
Fri Nov 21 08:59:30 GMT 2003

>From the Church Times (page 25):

Greeting the bells
The South Ribble Concert Band was set to serenade the two new bells arriving
at Preston Minster last week. The City bell and Minster Bell have brought
the ring up to 12, making the church one of only 100 around the country to
have so many. Until 1997 there were ten bells, two of them cracked. These
were replaced in time yto ring in the millennium; and it was then decided to
augment the ring to 12.

Does anyone have details of the old ten and the "new" ten and the two
trebles? I went to ring there in 1998 and I didn't think the trebles of ten
were particularly brilliant!

Andrew