[Bell Historians] Canon Raven & WC Lukis

A Willis zen16073 at z...
Sun Nov 23 21:04:33 GMT 2003

W C Lukis (who was one of the earliest) was a College Youth – I imagine he
must have learnt in Oxford when he was an undergraduate.

I doubt if he learned in Oxford. William Collings Lukis was born in
Guernsey and after graduating from Trinity College Cambridge in 1840 became
Curate at Bradford (on Avon) from 1841-46; Perpetual Curate of East Grafton,
1846-50; Vicar of Great Bedwyn, 1850-55; Rector of Collingbourne Ducis,
1855-62; and Rector of Wath-juxta-Ripon, 1862-92.

Anne Willis