[Bell Historians] Re: Coaley

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford at t...
Tue Nov 25 03:41:09 GMT 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

The last bells cast at Gloucester were as follows:

1845 Coaley (6), Forthampton (1), Much Cowarne (3), Inkberrow (2 - since=
recast), Newtown old church (1)

1846 Dodderhill (1 - sanctus), Salwarpe (2 - recently recast), Vol Roger=
s (1), Haresfield (1), Long Newnton (5 out of six), Aston St.Saviour (1), W=
indrush (1)

1847 Fretherne (2), Gloucester St.Mark (1)

1848 Dauntsey (2)

This is from work I did some years ago and may need updating, but these are=
most of the last bells by C & G Mears at Gloucester - cast by Rudhall's ol=
d foreman, a Mr. Churchill (I forget his forename) who originally came from=
Aldbourne

CP

----- Original Message -----=20
From: A Willis=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 11:18 AM
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Re: Coaley

These are a complete ring by Charles and George Mears, cast at the
Gloucester foundry bought from John Rudhall. They are possibly the last
bells ever cast at Gloucester. Sharpe gives the tenor weight as 10.5 cwt.

Dauntsey 2/5 nd the old 3/5 were cast at Gloucester in 1848.

Anne Willis

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20