[Bell Historians] Collapsed towers/ Bellhouses that exist today

A Willis zen16073 at z...
Fri Oct 10 20:00:50 BST 2003

A. H. Cocks, in "Bells of Buckinghamshire" (1897), says that the six
bells were destroyed with the tower in 1803. He cites Lipscomb "The
History and Antiquities of the County of Buckingham" (1847) and Browne
Willis (1682 - 1760). One bell is recorded in 1552. Five are recorded
in 1637. The sixth seems to have arrived in or after 1752.

John Camp

Be careful with Browne Willis. I have been told that he can be notoriously
inaccurate at times.

Anne Willis
(no relation, to the best of my knowledge)