[Bell Historians] This week's obscure question

David Bryant david at b...
Sat Oct 18 11:43:53 BST 2003

> (From the contexts in which I've seen this abbreviation used, my best 
> guess is "rolled steel joist", but I wouldn't bet money on that. The 
> term isn't used in America as far as I know.)

Yes - correct! Don't they call them 'I-beams' in America?


More information about the Bell-historians mailing list