Hanley & Hatfield

David & Mary Kelly bells at k...
Mon Oct 20 18:23:44 BST 2003

When redundancy was a serious option at Hanley, the vicar objected and this lead to considerable strife between the vicar and church authorities. The removal of the bells has been considered and no doubt will continue to be looked at in the future. Geoff Burton is fully aware of the situation and I am sure that he will be keeping up to date with the situation.

When I was ringing in the South Yorkshire area many years ago I was told that Hatfield tower was unsafe because of mining subsidence.

Dave

---