[Bell Historians] heavy tenors

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford at t...
Tue Oct 28 23:39:49 GMT 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

I rather suspect an exaggerated contemporary weight at Warminster - the wei=
ght 27-2-13 coming from the church records at the time the bell was install=
ed in 1737. The bells were rehung by Bowell in 1914 and the canons may have=
been removed them. Mears & Stainbank rehung and retuned them in 1960

CP
----- Original Message -----=20
From: David Bryant=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 3:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] heavy tenors

> Warminster is a good example of this when the 27 2 13 Rudhall tenor of
1737

> was reduced to 24 3 8, by removing the cannons, I think by Warners in
1881.

I should think they must have tuned it as well - the canons are unlikely =
weight that much.

David

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20