[Bell Historians] John Lott I

Susan Dalton dalton.family at v...
Fri Oct 31 12:29:42 GMT 2003

The fact is that John Lott I's bells are inscribed absolutely identically to
Richard Purdue I's, and the latter's cut-out-type lettering is very
distinctive. That, and the dates, and the fact that the two founders were
operating in the same area...

It seems reasonable to suppose that the founder would ask the customer if he
wanted a royal arms, feathers, a vine-trail border or whatever - but he
would have to have had these items in stock to be able to offer them.

C D