[Bell Historians] layout of information

Andrew Bull a.bull at s...
Wed Sep 3 11:03:09 BST 2003

charset="iso-8859-1"

I like a nice, clear layout of incriptions and weights, so that this is
easily browsable. Then separate paragraphs underneath the main table of bell
details describing in turn the bells, marks, tuning etc., and the frame, and
the gear. Then more underneath detailing any interesting history. I think
Chris Dalton devised something close to the optimum for his Dorset books.
Here the pertinant information is readily identifyable, and yet the books
are very easy on the eye and lend themselves to dipping in to. Some other
recent survey books published do not invite casual browsing, though they
contain all the required information.

Andrew Bull

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bryant [mailto:david at b...]
Sent: 02 September 2003 18:20
To: Bell Historians
Subject: [Bell Historians] layout of information

As I've mentioned in a recent posting, I'm currently well on the way with a
book on the bells of York, and I'm wondering what people prefer as regards
content and layout in books describing bell installations. I attach a random
sample entry from the typescript for my book, and I would appreciate any
comments anyone cares to make!

David

This email originated externally and has been scanned by MessageLabs

Internet E-mail communications are not secure and therefore the
Khaos Technologies Group does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely
Khaos Technologies Group unless otherwise specifically stated.