old bell recording turns up by colledge youths

john maloney mary_maloney01 at h...
Mon Sep 15 06:42:52 BST 2003

an old neighbour enquired if i was interested in some old 78 records
he was going to dump in the rubbish tin . sure i said ..little
knowing of the treasure among the mantovani and gracie fields and
bing crosby's was a columbia 78rpm record "THE BELLS OF ST. PAUL'S
CATHEDERAL " armistice day november 11th 1927 half muffled "stedman
cinques"-part 1 rung by MEMBERS OF THE ANCIENT SOCIETY OF COLLEDGE
YOUTHS and part 2 on the other side

catalouge # 0988.

is this of any historical value ? were there many of these made ?
i will transfer it to c.d. tommorrow . thanks john maloney.

p.s. I must appologise for my ignorance of this most esteemed
society in another posting earlier . after much study i now have
much respect for this group who i wish all the best for their up
coming tour down under. john maloney.