[Bell Historians] Steel Bells

David Bryant david at b...
Tue Sep 16 16:30:08 BST 2003

> Having just returned from a ringing tour of Australia, it was interesting
to see the two tenors of the former ring of eight steel
> bells at Randwick. These are now keeping sentinel - one either side of the
entrance to the cemetery. The top six, removed in
> 2000, went to the Monastery of The Holy Transfiguration, Richardson Road,
Bombola.

It's difficult to think of anything much worse than the front six of a steel
eight, although I suppose given the accuracy of the tuning of a number of
Naylor Vickers' rings the eight may well have been a long way from in tune.