[Bell Historians] More lost rings: Throckmorton

Susan Dalton dalton.family at v...
Fri Sep 19 12:24:03 BST 2003

Throckmorton visited 26/3/74 to photograph the church (including single bell
in partly medieval frame) for RCHME. Photos should be available in NMRC in
Swindon. Visited again 4/5/87 to look further at the 4-bell frame.

Remaining bell (33 in. diameter; note about C) must have been the treble of
4. No inscription other than an ornamental border. According to
H B Walters in C B Worcs. the 2nd was similarly inscribed (or rather
uninscribed) but he reported that bell as broken. All four bells said to
have been by Henry Farmer 1622.

C D
----------
>From: "Chris Pickford" <c.j.pickford at t...>
>To: <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] More lost rings
>Date: Thu, Sep 18, 2003, 6:01 am
>

> Can tell you that Throckmorton were sold in 1953, but I have no information
> on the sizes (or which bell remains).
>
> I believe CD has been to see what remains. I lost my car key in the grass
> in the field between the road and church once (and had to be rescued by
> Arthur Berry), but I've never managed to get up the tower
>
> CP

frame, which was a daft thing to do but then they tended to do daft things
in Peterborough Diocese during that particular bell consultant's time.
Happily there is now a new one.]