[Bell Historians] From the E-lists 26 September 2003

John Camp john at c...
Fri Sep 26 18:20:03 BST 2003

At 17:50 on 26 September 2003, David Bryant wrote:
>> This week's column is now available on receipt of a blank e-mail to
>> roundup at b...
>>
>> It has already been sent to those on the distribution list.

> Why don't you just send the roundup itself to the bellhistorians list
> instead of the message advising that it is available? It's still only one
> email, and I would be quite happy for this to happen.

Because most people take the Ringing World. The Editor and I both
agree that material published in the RW should be sent electronically
only to those who specifically request it, which is those on the
"roundup" distribution list and anyone who sends a email to the
address given. That's also why I don't send it out until Friday,
though it is normally written on the previous Sunday.

John Camp