[Bell Historians] Early Rudhall rings (was Mallabys)

Paul Marshall paul&jean at p...
Thu Apr 1 19:26:39 BST 2004

The 6 at Quatt, near Bridgnorth, Shropshire, is a complete Rudhall ring
dated 1700 - in more or less original condition too! All retain their
canons except the 3rd, which is hung in an early cast-iron headstock
(Barwell I think - or at least a Birmingham company (but definitely not
Carrs)). They are hung in a frame which is said to pre-date the bells.
It has been patched up quite a bit though.

Paul Marshall

In message
<D1357EBAB621D411AF5B00B0D017D028773555 at s...>, Andrew
Bull <a.bull at s...> writes