[Bell Historians] Digest Number 686

David Cawley dcawley at w...
Fri Apr 2 15:14:43 BST 2004

As I said in my own email earlier this week on the subject, they went in store to Cleeve Abbey. It was arranged between Mr A. A. Hughes and Dr Francis Eeles FSA, the then CCC Secretary (whose home was at Dunster, and who was responsible for the saving of large numbers of artefacts from churches by arranging their storage - and sometimes himself funding their temporary removal.

St Bart's the Less back two and Undershaft also went there.

DLC
----- Original Message -----
From: Marchant, Andrew (RDSSW)
To: 'bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com'
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 9:26 AM
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Digest Number 686

>Jim Phillips wrote;
>The pre-reformation five at Smithfield were carted off to Somerset.

Does anyone know where in Somerset or even why there?

Cheers
Andy

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)

This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient only. Its
unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted. If you have
received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender. Whilst this
email and associated attachments will have been checked for known viruses
whilst within Defra systems we can accept no responsibility once it has left our
systems. Communications on Defra's computer systems may be monitored
and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other
lawful purposes.