[Bell Historians] Copy of a letter to the RW re Church bells.

A Willis zen16073 at z...
Sun Apr 4 19:58:11 BST 2004

From: David Bryant

> A copy of the report would go to the PCC, local ringers, the DAC, local
ringing
> association etc.

It's nothing to do with the local ringing association. I think that doing
this would create a lot of unnecessary paperwork.

Why on earth not? What is a local Ringing Association for if it doesn't
take an interest in the state of its bells, and encourage good care of them?
They might also be able to bring gentle pressure on a tower captain who has
adjusted to the deterioration of his bells and 'can't see what's wrong with
them'.

As for paperwork, I think e-mails cut that down considerably.

AW