[Bell Historians] CCC

Nick Bowden nickwbowden at f...
Sun Apr 4 21:13:52 BST 2004

> None of our bells are listed, though under the proposed regulations two
> almost certainly will be; a pre-1600 Bristol bell (with an unevenly cast
> soundbow) and the largest bell ever cast by L&J. We also have two 1614
bells by John Wallis. They have no canons (probably removed in 1891), one
was skirted in 1882, the other was tuned (minimally)in 1998. Both sound
beautiful. Should these be listed?

> Anne Willis

I would certainly hope that your L&J tenor gets listed, along with our 29cwt
L&J tenor at St Thomas, Bristol which I think is a superb bell.

Nick