L&J tenors

Nick Bowden nickwbowden at f...
Wed Apr 7 15:09:55 BST 2004

"Bill Hibbert" <bill at h...> wrote:

If the tenor is any good, these are a good peal, though perhaps
hampered a bit by
> the tower. My impression of L&J has just gone up considerably.
>
> By the way, it is very probable that the recording on the
Teignmouth
> website is actually of somewhere else. Teignmouth are Eb, the
> recording is in C. It's not running at the wrong speed, the inter-
> bell intervals are wrong. I wonder where it is?
>
> Bill H

It's good to know I'm not the only one partial to the sound of L&J
bells :)

Has anyone heard the recording on the East Ardsley website? Another
fine sounding L&J ring, but the recording is in D and according
to "Dove" they are in E. I've not rung there yet, but would be
interested to know why the discrepancy.

Nick