[Bell Historians] Re: L&J

David Bryant david at b...
Thu Apr 8 23:50:20 BST 2004

> Will any of the bells be retuned?

I think it would be very unwise not to if it would improve them. Although I
generally agree with listing and conservation attitudes to bells, I do think
that whatever they are they should be tuned if it will improve them. After
all, more people will hear them than will ever see them. I am unable to
understand the reasoning behind not allowing tuning in especially the
extreme cases, such as a church in Herts where they were not allowed to tune
the unlisted tenor despite it being noticeably sharp.