[Bell Historians] Inscription bands

LunnBelleyetere at a... LunnBelleyetere at a...
Fri Apr 9 13:20:56 BST 2004

In 1849 a cast was taken of the inscription band of the cracked tenor at
Broughton Gifford, Wilts. It read AVE MARIA GRACIA PLENA DOMINUS TECUM, and
was deposited at 'the Museum of the Oxford Archaeological Society'. Does
this museum still exist, or has it become something else? If anyone can
help, I would be very grateful, as I would like to trace the cast.

Anne Willis
When I was looking for some finds from a dig in oxfordshire they had them
stored here. They do have a web site if you search for museum store and
standlake.
It does say 17th century but I know they have medieval as well.
The address is
Museums Resource centre
Cotswold Dene
Standlake
Whitney
Oxfordshire
OX29 7QG
Tel 01865 300972
email _museums.resource.centre at o..._
(mailto:museums.resource.centre at o...)
Robert