All Saints, Billesley

Bill Hibbert bill at h...
Sat Apr 24 08:30:48 BST 2004

Anyone know anything about the bell in this church, which is a few
miles from Stratford-on-Avon? It is not listed on Mike Chester's
website, but I note the picture in the guidebook is by Chris Dalton.
I was chairing a conference at Billesley Manor this week, as one does
from time to time, and noticed that the wooden turret is beginning to
decay, it is leaning and the louvres are rotting. I was going to
borrow a ladder from the hotel to look at the bell but ran out of
time.

Bill H

PS Appropriate I was looking around yesterday, as William Shakespeare
is supposed to have married Anne Hathaway there.