Coventry tuning figures

Bill Hibbert bill at h...
Wed Apr 28 18:11:42 BST 2004

Richard:

> Look like a fairly bog standard old ten to me!

The reason I was interested in the figures was not some anachronistic
enthusiasm for old-style bells, but rather for more objective
purposes: I wanted to compare them with Mancroft.

> Probably another case of the tower offering lots of help!

Absolutely, but also for their day they would have compared well -
there was a logic to the design and tuning of Coventry and Mancroft
even though there are things that are routine today that were not
dreamed of at the time.

Bill H