Dalton in Furness

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at h...
Sat Aug 7 07:08:08 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryant" <david at b...>
wrote:
> Does anybody know whether the frame and fittings at the above are by
> Warner's? The Warner ring only lasted a couple of decades before it
was
> replaced by the present Taylor ring, but I wonder whether the frame
and
> fittings, being fairly new, were reused.
>
> David
Diana Handley's Notes on Furness Bells p. 10
'The 1865 Warner 6 with a tenor of 10 3 17 hung in the old tower
until 1884, and then in the present tower from 1885 to 1913.

In 1913 Warners recast the six into an eight with a tenor of 21 2 3
and hung them in a frame for ten; the first all steel frame built for
10 bells. The present ten, recast by Taylors in 1927, hang in
Warner's 1913 frame,'