bell-wheels ex-Warrington

combineharvestersam combineharvestersam at h...
Fri Aug 13 20:26:19 BST 2004

I thought for a minute they might be the wheels from the old six at
St Pauls Warrington but ebay says collect from junction six of the
m56 which is Stretton.

What happened to the six at St Pauls Warrington? No-one knows, the
only person I know who rang there is Ken Edwards of Newton le
Willows. Mears catalogue gives 14cwt cast in 1840 but the Lancs
report says 6cwt.
The church has been demolished but the perimeter walls of the church
yard are still there as are the gravestones. An old peoples home
stands where the church was.

Sam

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "philholtsdgr"
<pippolucas23 at a...> wrote:
> Trawling through e-bay tonight looking for anything related to
bells,
> a set of bell-wheels & pulley-blocks are being offered ex-
Warrington