Goodmanham

David Bryant david at b...
Sun Dec 5 13:00:26 GMT 2004

"I took some photos of the 1914? Mallaby rehung three at Goodmanham
yesterday.
Following a tipoff (on Nabbers) from a very well respected Bell
Historian (and someone that I owe numerous favours to!) that they
were in a headless KP frame, I really wanted to look at them.
On Rod Bickertons York area tour yesterday, DJB and myself took 10
mins to look at them, and boy what an installation, and very ringable.
I have put a photo in the photo section of the group, but have more
if anyone wants them-ideally, I would like to revisit to get more
photos.
Has anyone a date for the frame?"

Frame and 2nd bell of circa 1500, as I surmised yesterday (and I've now looked at the listed bells list and it agrees with me!). The 2nd, again as I surmised, is a Nottingham foundry bell. Tenor Samuel Smith of York (can't remember date and it's not listed). Treble's incription claims that it's by Mallaby of Barnby Don, but clearly it's a Warner bell. Treble flat-headed, canons knocked off back two. Mallaby fittings. Tuning-wise, I think they are roughly a Major chord (i.e. 2,4,6 of 6).

Alan - can you email me thos photos from yesterday.

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/