[Bell Historians] G&J Colours.

Dwhgodwin at a... Dwhgodwin at a...
Mon Feb 2 13:36:34 GMT 2004

Don't think so. The green at Christ Church B-o-A was quite dark and I'm sure
over the top of something else. The frame was oxide red. We have however
repainted most of the metal work in a dark red, but there is one green headstock
left. Maybe I should scratch some of this off and see what lurks under it.
Maybe if a ringer at St Johns Newcastle could help as the bells there are
also of the right date could you tell us what colour has been used?
I have seen a light green paint mentioned on G&J fittings however I thought
metallic paint of this colour was a recent invention???

DG