[Bell Historians] Non-Standard Tuning

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Mon Feb 16 10:31:43 GMT 2004

DJB:
"Surely those described as, '1-5 of six' should be described as minor, or
all
minor fives as 1-5 of six for consistency. I'd prefer using the term minor
for all."

I think we have already established that the word "minor" is very
ambiguous!!! You can use the term minor for all if you like, but it doesn't
tell you the scale without making some assumptions. I prefer Aeolian,
Harmonic Minor or Melodic Minor in the first instance (as these are the most
understood). I would suggest that, whilst accurate, the use of the term
"locrian #2" is perhaps not the most helpful!

DrL

from any virus transmitted.