[Bell Historians] bell-related curios

John Paul Adams J.Adams at u...
Thu Feb 19 15:02:26 GMT 2004

>> Dover - I think some of the old ropes from Dover ended up on the walls of
>> the local Wetherspoons
>>
>> Cardiff - The Duke of Wellington (alas now a trendy pub) had a sally from
>> St Johns on the Last Order bell - a gift from the Cardiff Student
>> Bellringing Society.

Font & Firkin, Brighton. Converted chapel into a Firkin brew pub. Think it
is still intact. Lots of church artefacts including 6 bell ropes that come
from the ceiling down to a frame on the wall, but don't think it was an
Ellacombe. Red sallies.

John

--
John Paul Adams, Medical School IT Support Section,
University College London, London, WC1E 6BT.