neil.tcct at v...
Thu Feb 19 15:30:31 GMT 2004
and from Wiltshire:
COOMBE BISSETT: Fragment of Wallis bell (with date 1586) in ringing chamber=
STRATFORD TONY: Part of medieval frame and some wheels in shed of adjacent =
house. Clappers and two remaining bells in tower.
TOLLARD ROYAL: Inscription band from the old tenor (poss by Wm Dawe) now in=
King John's House, T.R. as a candelabrum.
WISHFORD MAGNA: Tenor canons in ringing chamber. One clapper in Dental Surg=
ery, Castle Street, Salisbury. Don't recall what happened to the rest.=20
WYLYE: Five clappers in the adjacent Bell Inn.
and from Devon:
TORBRYAN: Top half of one wheel in the Old Church House Inn, adjacent.
and from Bristol:
ST JOHN THE BAPTIST (on the wall): Ringing chamber table made from old bell=
frame timber (made, possibly, by Thomas Blackbourn who rehung the bells).
Not to mention the gallimaufry of items lodging at chez Skelton!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bell-historians