[Bell Historians] clapper bushes

David Bryant david at b...
Fri Feb 27 09:37:49 GMT 2004

"What would I use? Lignum vitae if I could; but oilite does sound interesting. Do not write-off tufnol, though. I've had fairly decent wear out of this material (but it was greased); and none of them swelled to cause binding."

I've found oilite is pretty good. Incidentally, I had some clappers rebushed and fitted with new hinge pins recently, and the new pins do not have grease ways.

David
Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime