Sudbury

Alan Mayle AlanPMayle at a...
Mon Jan 5 13:33:43 GMT 2004

The tower of All Saints, Sudbury was repaired in 2001/2 and a try-out
of the bells was arranged in August 2002. Whilst the tower was passed
as fit for the bells to be rung, there had been severe rain
penetration over many years which has caused rot to occur in the top
of the 7th headstock. The Suffolk Guild Technical Advisor has
inspected the damage and has stated that the bell must not be rung
until repairs/replacement has taken place. Discussions are in hand at
the moment with the parish to agree remedial works and funding.

Alan

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Bryant" <david at b...>