[Bell Historians] Medieval bell foundries

David Bryant david at b...
Tue Jan 6 23:57:05 GMT 2004

> Please can any one tell me(if one is available) were I can find a
> list of places and dates medieval bell foundries were operating.

I think the only published list for the whole country (which is not complete
and is rather out-of-date) is in one of H.B. Walters' books - Church Bells
of England, I think. Despite its problems, it's still worth looking at. For
more up-to-date information individual county bell books are the best
source. Are you interested in the foundries in any particular town / area?