Liverpool Pro Cathedral

Hoppy (s) john at j...
Sat Jul 3 18:22:07 BST 2004

Not sure who wrote this - I've only just joined the list:
>> > The Pro- Cathedral stood where Woolworth's Store (? - memory is
>> failing!)is now.

Ern:
> When were you last in Liverpool. That bracnh opf Woolworths closed
> in the 1970's.

I think it closed in the mid '80s and was replaced by Top Shop
downstairs with Burger King upstairs. I remember Woolies there when I
came to L'pool late 1983/Early 1984.

Ern is correct in that the cross on the present pavement is there
just because there is a pavement there so that people can be reminded. Nothing to do with any part
of the church. The cross is, indeed, at the North end of the old
church and I suspect that the road has not changed.

John