A plea

Giles Blundell GRBlundell at a...
Tue Jul 6 13:32:48 BST 2004

Hi all

I have a fancy new mobile phone which lets me read emails wherever I am, and it's now my email browser of choice. Unfortunately, it does tend to truncate emails at something like 30k.

Most of the time, this isn't a problem. But from time to time the length of contributions on bell historians is such that a digest overflows the limit, and I lose some messages. I have asked David if he can reduce the number of messages in a digest, but this is one of the many sensible things that Yahoo will not allow site owners to do.

I wouldn't want anyone to limit their comments just for my benefit. But it would help me if care could be taken when quoting in replies. I've just read a (truncated) digest where some messages had three or four footers.

Please do try to help me to keep up with all of bell historians!

Many thanks

Giles Blundell
Liverpool
(Having now discovered how to post from this thing)