[Bell Historians] Pier Head tenor clapper (was Liverpool Cath. bells)

Peter Humphreys pfh at w...
Wed Jul 7 09:44:57 BST 2004

charset="us-ascii"

I wasn't aware that the original message was aimed at one individual but
I, like everyone else I suspect, didn't, for one moment, believe it was
other than a 'wind up'.

I was simply stating that it was hard going just trying to hold the
clapper in place.

No offence taken though.

-----Original Message-----
From: jimhedgcock [mailto:jameshedgcock at h...]
Sent: 06 July 2004 23:03
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Pier Head tenor clapper (was Liverpool Cath.
bells)

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Peter Humphreys" <pfh at w...>
wrote:
> As one of two people trying to hold the clapper to feed the crown
staple
> through the headstock (a little while back now), I can assure
anyone it
> is definitely not made of low density material such as 'plastic'.

The story was put about for the 'benefit' of one individual.
Everybody else knew that it was a 'wind up'.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129nlgbgm/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
D=groups/S=1707285820:HM/EXP=1089237795/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
p://companion.yahoo.com> click here

s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=455709112>

_____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of