[Bell Historians] Re: Cast maker's plates from Mears & Stainbank.

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Fri Jul 9 06:31:19 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Aspland"
<aaspland at y...> wrote:

> Are you sure it wasn't one of the ones that Taylors used to nail up
> in some appropriate place. They were about the size of a business
> card - there's one on the ringing room wall at Willey in Shropshire.

> I think we were talking about cast ones and M&S ones at that. The
Taylor
> ones are everywhere!
> Andrew

Yes, we were, but as the one that the original contributor saw turned
out to be in a tower where the bells were by Taylors, I thought my
comment a sensible one!