[Bell Historians] post-war rings

David Cawley dcawley at w...
Tue Jul 13 22:37:58 BST 2004

charset="iso-8859-1"

I suppose the most significant WWII casting was "Great George" of Liverpool=
in 1940.

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Susan & Christopher Dalton=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 9:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] post-war rings

> When were the first compltete rings cast after WWII?
>=20
> Anne Willis

1946/47 I think - e.g. Grantham and Martinstown. I am just going through
wartime RWs and it is amazing how the magazine kept going with no ringing
and no founding going on. One augmentation and rehanging job happened
during the war - Cranford, Middlesex ( M & S) - and trebles were cast for
Shedfield. Hants., and Claines, Worcs. by J T & Co., but precious little
else.

C D

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

=20=20=20=20=20=20
c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service=
.=20