[Bell Historians] Canon retaining bells

David Cawley dcawley at w...
Wed Jul 14 23:18:45 BST 2004

From: Richard Offen=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Canon retaining bells

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Richard Offen"=20
<richard.offen at o...> wrote:
>=20
> > No rumour. I was involved with the project. That's what was said.
> >=20
> > In fact, I misquoted the date. The write up of the augmentation=20
in=20
> RW
> > (29/9/95) said 1952. This was written by one of the people who=20
dealt
> > directly with Whitechapel.
> >=20
> > Chris Povey
>=20
> They obviously have very short memories at Whitechapel then! Is=20
> this true Nigel (Taylor)?
>=20

PS. I certainly remember us making a bell with canons whilst I=20
worked there in the very early 70s (1970s, not 1870s, before some=20
smart alec makes the comment!). It was fascinating to watch the=20
process of moulding the canons.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

=20=20=20=20=20=20
c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service=
.=20