Modern Whitechapel bells with canons

nigelsdtaylor nigeltaylor at k...
Thu Jul 15 13:46:34 BST 2004

The doncaster canons were finally phased out during the 1920's.
Doncaster headed bells were made for Caversfield and Deddington after
WW II at Fred Sharpe's request. The conventional canon design was
used for the Liberty replicas, the first in 1964, a batch in 1975/6
and 2 more in 2002/3. We still have the pattern equipment for
conventional canons, but we prefer to use the Doncaster patterns
because it is possible to machine these flat, and therefore attach
the headstock onto the canons.
Nigel Taylor