[Bell Historians] Brockhampton

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at v...
Tue Jul 20 18:39:34 BST 2004

>From: khsbelring at a...

> Having seen an advert for the sale of Brockhampton Church I alerted Keltek.
> DK has found out that the bells were removed some time ago but can find out
> nothinh further. Does any bell historian have details of bells and where they
> ended up. - Howard E. J. Smith

Which Brockhampton? Of the 2 in Herefordshire, the one near Ross has a new
(well, 1900-ish) church with 2 Taylor bells and an unhung badly fire-damaged
early bell from the old church, which was empty and ruinous until recently
repaired and converted. It's all in Sharpes C B Herefordshire.

Brockhampton by Bromyard has a chapel with a tower and 3 bells hung for
ringing.

But are we talking about some other Brockhampton?

C D