G & J post-War frames

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at v...
Tue Jul 20 18:54:50 BST 2004

>> Not that much later, as Clapham Park (bells now at Spitalfields,
> but
>> not the frame) was most definitely a cast-iron lowside one - I and
>> one or two other Cumberlands lugged all the frame sides into
>> Spitalfields Church for storage in 1971, so I can testify that they
>> were good, meaty castings!
>
> The castings were used for frame extensions at a couple of places in
> Warwickshire - Harbury and Wolston.
>
> David

[Anybody (a) got photos of the Clapham Park frame, which I never saw when I
rang there, or (b) a note of other places with G & J cast low-side frames in
the immediate post-War period? My impression had been that they went
straight from Taylor-type H frames to the fabricated steel queen-posted
low-side type as at Carisbrooke, Purton, Corfe Mullen, etc. in the early
1920s. C D]