[Bell Historians] Taylor's 1895

Andrew Higson, Bellmaster andrew_higson at t...
Wed Jul 21 10:19:53 BST 2004

charset="iso-8859-1"

Because customers insisted on them - Cecil Pipe was very insistent=20
that the newly augmented ten at Grundisburgh be hung on plain=20
bearings=20

Stiil true when we augmented the bells to 12, although we were allowed to=
put ball bearings on the two new bells, some of the old headstocks were al=
tered and put back on the plain bearings - its the only time I have seen he=
adstocks put in a lathe to turn the gudgeons up, quite exciting, and very g=
lad that they were only small headstocks!

Andrew