[Bell Historians] Edenbridge & Wrotham

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Fri Jun 4 11:36:00 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Aspland"
<aaspland at y...> wrote:
> I like the format - maybe a little too colourful! - you have
clearly been on
> a far more advanced Excel course than I have. I would like to see
an
> example from a really grotty peal of bells for comparison.
> Andrew

We'll get Dickon to put up the sheet for Kennigton, Kent before they
were tuned - at some point in the past the tenor had been skirted by
an over enthusiastic chip tuner, with the result that the bell had
only half a soundbow. The result was a bell, with a hum note well
below an octave, that should have been pensioned off, but the Parish
insisted on keeping it in service both for economic and historical
reasons!