Bowdon and Clerkenwell

Bill Hibbert bill at h...
Thu Jun 17 10:00:43 BST 2004

Bowdon is one of my favourite towers. When I lived in Cheshire, my
route back from business trips was often up the M6 and along the
A556. The sight of Bowdon church standing proudly on the ridge meant
I was nearly home; I can see it in my mind's eye at this moment.

I worked 100 yards from Clerkenwell for five years, with a view of
the tower from the office window, yet have not rung there. I've eaten
my sandwiches on the church steps, if that counts . . .

Bill H