[Bell Historians] Bagshot etc

Andrew Bull a.bull at s...
Fri Jun 18 09:07:51 BST 2004

charset="iso-8859-1"

It seems I should apologise as well for repeating CD's comments, but they've
obviously been mentioned before.

However, as CJP says, it is a masterly description, and I think it's
wonderful that someone can analyse the tones of bells in this way. I think
that one of the things that makes CD's Dorset books such an enduring delight
is the descriptive comments on the tone and tuning of the various bells; it
adds an extra dimension to the factual descriptions of frame, gear,
inscriptions, etc, that really makes the bells "come alive".

While we're on the subject, Mr Dalton, the wait for part 3 is really killing
me!

Andrew Bull

-----Original Message-----
From: CHRIS PICKFORD [mailto:c.j.pickford.t21 at b...]
Sent: 18 June 2004 06:35
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Bagshot etc

Oh dear, I'll be in trouble again with CD for having copied comments from
his private notes on Bagshot into the "London and M25" file which I have
shared with others - so this is a public apology to him for that.

But it's very expressive, and I agree with DLC that its a masterly
description - even if it was never intended to become "public property"

CP

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ik5utc/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=gr
oups/S=1707285820:HM/EXP=1087595203/A=2164339/R=0/SIG=11e2d64in/*http://www.
netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183348> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
:HM/A=2164339/rand=317794991>

_____

Yahoo! Groups Links

This email originated externally and has been scanned by MessageLabs

Internet E-mail communications are not secure and therefore the
Khaos Technologies Group does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely
Khaos Technologies Group unless otherwise specifically stated.