[Bell Historians] Warners and Harmonic Tuning

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at h...
Sun Jun 20 14:46:35 BST 2004

--- >> Which brings me on to another issue - that of casting
bells "old style" to
> match. Invariably the ones I have heard do not match - I know that
> sometimes the bells are not the right shape to match but when
attempts have
> been made to get the profile the same as the old bells they still
don't
> match.
>
>I remember a recently deceased prominent ringer telling me that he
attended the re-dedication at Cornhill. Standing outside, with the
founder of the new bells, Mr.Hughes was told that he ought to be
ashamed of selling such products!