Broad Blunsdon

nigelsdtaylor nigeltaylor at k...
Mon Jun 21 20:23:43 BST 2004

Broad blunsdon were a minor mystery, in as much as Warners had
machined the shoulders, although the 2nd partials were still sharp in
the back bells and flat in the trebles! Additionally, most of the
bells had sharp hums, although the bells had been machined in the
waist. I was able to correct the tuning for the 3 octave tones to
within a few cents of absolute. I have not rung on them, but I have
been informed that they sound very nice.
Chelmsford cathedral bells have been machined from the soundbows to
the upper waist, but none of the bells have been machined in the
shoulder.
Nigel Taylor