Attachments

LOVE, Dickon dickon.love at a...
Tue Jun 29 13:55:44 BST 2004

Can I make a plea about attachments to this list? Whilst I am sure the
Thaxted pics were interesting, the huge size of these files increased the
downloading time of my inbox (using a dial up account) by a factor of 10 or
so.

It would have been much better for these files to have been put in their own
folder in the pictures section:

1. So that everyone can view them, not just those on "Individual Emails".
2. So that people can view them when they want, not just when the email
arrives.
3. So that it doesn't screw up dial up inboxes.
4. So that a decent archive may be maintained.
5. So that good practice re email groups (netiquette) be followed.

If anyone doesn't know how to access the pictures section then ask. If
anyone can't access the pictures section because they don't have a Yahoo ID
then get one!

I suggested this before, but now I'd like to suggest this more forcefully,
otherwise I will have no choice but to go on to "Digest" or "No Mail". I
suspect others will feel the same.

DrL

from any virus transmitted.